Ashmolean Tea Gift SetFood and Drink
Ashmolean Tea Gift Set
The Way of Tea is a tea tasting journey created in collaboration between Team Tea and the Ashmolean Museum, University of Oxford’s museum of art and archaeology. Founded in 1683, the Ashmolean’s world famous collections range from Egyptian mummies to contemporary art, telling human stories across cultures and across time.
The tea set includes six award winning teas and an unbleached cotton tea bag. Each tea is accompanied by a souvenir card leading the drinker from tea’s origins in China and charting its spread across the world via Buddhism, Empire, trade, and espionage. The journey is guided by objects from the Ashmolean’s extensive collection, revealing not just fascinating stories of individual endeavour but also how culture has been influenced by this seemingly humble drink.
- Peregrine Mountain 1st Flush, Slide tin of loose leaf tea (10g)
- Margaret's Hope Darjeeling, Slide tin of loose leaf tea (14g)
- Sencha Organic Green, Slide tin of loose leaf tea (18g)
- Long Jing Dragon Well Green, Slide tin of loose leaf tea (10g)
- Tie Guan Yin (Iron Goddess of Mercy), Slide tin of loose leaf tea (15g)
- Yin Zhen ‘Silver Needle’ Organic, Slide tin of loose leaf tea (10g)